October is the month for spooky costumes and making memories. This Halloween, share a video clip of a memory you captured on camera and you could win free recording for life! Whether it’s the neighborhood kids playing a prank or the cutest pumpkin carving you’ve ever seen, you could win free DVR recording forever!
Here’s how to enter:
- Make a video clip of your favorite Halloween related moment. (Don’t worry, it can be from anytime in October.)
How to make and share a clip »
- Include the words “Dropcam Halloween Contest” in your clip title
- Share it to Facebook or YouTube by November 3rd. Your video clip must be publicly viewable to count.
We’ll choose a winning video based on originality and entertainment. The more videos you share, the better your chances to win! Be sure to check our blog on November 9th to see if you’re the lucky winner!
Don’t have a Dropcam?
That’s okay! Share a video clip that you captured on your own camera and you’re still in the running. Don’t forget to include “Dropcam Halloween Contest” in the title!
Looking for ways to celebrate your Halloween?
- Haunt your house! Dim the lights, or turn them off completely. The night vision from your Dropcam HD will ensure some great holiday footage!
- Throw a costume party! With candy in everyone’s belly, kids will be too sugared up to just go home after trick-or-treating. Encourage guests to get into character and play out their costume on camera.
- Make Halloween desserts! Bring family together and show off those tasty treats on camera.
William Atwood from Maryland! William is a family man who was at home with his kids when the eastern US dealt with its big earthquake in August. Sure enough, William’s Dropcam was in his kitchen to keep an eye on the scene. William caught the start of the earthquake (and its funny effect on his cat and children) on his home Dropcam.
As William describes it, “even in Maryland , you can see the effects” of the earthquake using footage from Dropcam.
Brittany, one of the Dropcamers who voted for this video to win, states that she loved how much build-up she found. Dropcam was simply watching over their home, yet the video tells a story:
the man scratching his rear, then the cat running, then the actual earthquake with the boy falling dramatically. The turtle audio is funny too”
Congratulations on your new iPad, William!
We want to thank all of our loyal and passionate Dropcam users for participating in this contest. There were lots of entries, but there can only be one winner. We’ll post the top finalist videos here over the next few weeks. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to stay up to date with the finalist videos as we post them!
What Did Dropcam See While You Were Away?
Send Dropcam Your Video Clip to Win An iPad 2!
Win a Free 16GB iPad 2 from Apple! Your Dropcam helps you keep an eye on your home, your baby, your office, and much more. Did your Dropcam catch anything unique, funny, or out of the ordinary? If so, then we want to hear about it! Share your video with us for a chance to Win a Free iPad 2!
Here’s How It Works:
- Download a video clip of something unique or interesting that your Dropcam caught on video.
- Email email@example.com that video clip with a short description of what your Dropcam saw in the message text.
Don’t have a Dropcam? That’s okay! Send firstname.lastname@example.org a video of how you’d use one and you’re in the running, too!
It’s As Easy as 1, 2, and Done!
So the next time you find that your baby crawled out of her walker, or your dog tore up your tax forms, let us know! We might post your video clip on our YouTube Channel with your description. The winning submission will be selected based on originality and entertainment factor.
Remember to email your video clips no later than September 30. The more videos you send us, the better your chances to win!
The winner will be announced October 10.
For Official Contest Rules, click here.
After having received quite a few last minute entries, we’ve decided to postpone an official winner until Tuesday, October 11th. Thanks to all who participated!
Check back on Tuesday to see if yours is the iPad winning video!
The contest is officially over! Thanks to everyone for playing! We’ll announce the winner at 12 noon PST. Be sure to follow Dropcam on Twitter or like us on Facebook to see who won!