Video monitoring is a great way to protect your business, increase productivity, or to simply stay aware of what’s happening.
Here are 5 useful tips to maximize your store’s surveillance and how Dropcam can help:
- Location – Make sure your cameras cover the main areas (entrance/exit, register etc.). You also want to make sure that the camera is at a good angle–getting footage of the back of a customer’s head isn’t too helpful.
- Video quality – Having a security camera in general will deter shoplifters, but by making sure the camera produces quality video, you will be able to easily identify people if need be. Dropcam produces video in 720p HD quality, significantly clearer than others.
- Lighting – Poor lighting can produce inadequate video. Luckily with Dropcam’s night vision, even when it’s dark, you can still watch what’s happening.
- Secure recordings – Security cameras that record onto a device can be a hassle if you forget to change out the tape or DVD. With Dropcam, your video is securely stored in the cloud, making it easy to review and access anywhere. With event notifications, you’ll know when something requires your attention. No more long hours reviewing security tapes.
- Audio – Not many security cameras offer an audio feature, but with Dropcam, you can hear audio and even talk back. Talk Back could be used to scare a robber off or to tell employees to get back to work.
✗ Poor lighting – Very bright, makes video washed-out
✗ Lacks secure recording
✗ No audio
✓ Location – Can see register, customer’s face, AND entire store
✓ Video quality – 720p HD
✓ Lighting – Flawless
✓ Secure recording capability
✓ Audio – Can clearly hear what’s being said
For an example of how Dropcam can successfully monitor activity at your business, check out this live stream of this 7-11 store.